kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

09 May 2009

today, featuring:

DAD
{and ten reasons why he's great}
1. he does stuff like putting yellow cones on his ears
2. he introduced me to/raised me on classic rock
3. he can dance
4. he instilled in me my love for these combos: hot tamales + milk duds, plain tortilla chips + the history channel, lays regular barbecue chips + mt. dew, and classic rock + the volume UP
5. he gives really great advice
6. he is always my 'going to the movies' buddy
7. he's driving to Utah to bring me a truck
8. he has an extremely dry/slightly twisted sense of humor that he passed down to me
9. nothing really phases him
10. he really does love the cats even though he pretends not to

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

Haha! He's so great! I think he's the common link that makes us so much alike. Heehee! What a goofball! but the nicest one around.