kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

10 May 2009

today, featuring:

MOM
{and ten reasons why she is great}
1. she came all the way to Utah to visit me
2. she's really good at picking out clothes for me
3. she pronounces the word "bag" like the first half of the word "bagel"
4. she mails me care packages with cute sweaters in them
5. my friends all adore her
6. she is fun to be wild and crazy with
7. she drives an f-150
8. she's really fun to go 'people watching' with
9. she wouldn't let me quit taking piano lessons
10. she takes pictures of everything

"huzzah!" for wonderful mothers!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Awww...thank you Alyssa. You just made my wonderful day even more wonderful. Love you! <3<3<3

lotusgirl said...

I love your mother too. She's sooooo fabu! I think it's hilarious the way she says bag and that she's never lost it after all these years in the south.