kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

04 September 2010

a little story

Finals week for Fall semester 2010 is December 13-17. I am getting married on Saturday, the 18th of December. That's right, folks, the day after finals are over. Slightly insane, I know. I have a scheduled final for that Friday, but I had planned to talk to the professor and ask if I could turn it in early with the final for the other class I'm taking from her this semester.

I got to that class on Tuesday, where my professor told us that she's going to Spain for Christmas, and the only flight she could get was on December 9th. That means that those classes will be finished (finals turned in and all) by December 7th. That all means I can go home on Tuesday, December 14th.

That makes my life so much easier.

When my professor told us that class was ending early, I literally almost got up and hugged her.

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

Perfect! That couldn't have worked out better.