kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

27 January 2010

"venus and a bowl of soup"

The majority of the time I most identify with fictional characters.
great.


And while I'm fully aware that it's two-thirty in the morning and that tomorrow I will wonder why I was ever up this late, I can remind myself that it was totally worth it. Sometimes all a girl really needs is some quality girl time {cue Lauren and Kelsie} + chai tea in this mug + tortilla chips + bitterness/laughs/giggles/memories until two-thirty in the morning. Now, armed with more chai tea + the first two seasons of Arrested Development + "Merry Fisticuffs," I will fall asleep and wake up to a new day.

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

yea for Lauren and Kelsie. Girl time is good time.