kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

27 January 2010

npr, mickey mouse, and david lee roth

::little blurbs about the past two days::

Music videos are always awkward. End of. I got a good laugh out of this music video - they all look like they're about to kill you, and the violinist looks like Hagrid. Oh, and this one too - there are no words to describe it. Seriously, who okay-ed these?

*Nerd alert! Nerd alert!* I love NPR. I subscribed to "Car Talk" + "This American Life" on iTunes.
{huzzah! for free podcasts}

Get ready for it: we made Mickey Mouse pancakes with chocolate chip faces. They were ever so much fun to make. {even if the faces turned out a bit grotesque
because the chocolate chips all melted together- think Wilson from Castaway} regardless, they were still uh-maze-ing.

For those of you who know me {and my musical tastes} you're probably well aware of my utter dislike of Van Halen. Actually, it's just David Lee Roth. The Sammy Hagar years are fine. Yet tonight I witnessed a David Lee Roth impression that David Lee Roth himself would be jealous of, I'm sure.
In between my laughter I managed to get out, "Wow. That was incredible. My life will never be the same." I assure you, it was nothing short of amazing.

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Whoa. Those old videos. Gotta love the powder blue tux. That blonde guy up front in the Kansas vid looks spaced out. The other one is so totally random. I liked Eddie Van Halen, but, yeah, DLR was a bit much.

lojo said...

yes...car talk!