kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

30 September 2009

it's only september

Remember how I said "I love Fall?"
Well, I didn't lie, but Fall has come and past here in the land of Provo.
We had Fall for a little while, yesterday was Summer, and today is Winter.
We had a few days of cool weather around the time of that post about that wonderful season. Yesterday the high was in the 80s, but today the high was only 50. I woke up to find a cold, overcast, rainy, freezing cold world that I had to venture out into to get to class. It is currently 45 outside, but feels like 39 because the wind is blowing like crazy. There is snow on the mountains, and I'm not a very happy camper about it.
Did I mention that I'm not a fan of the cold?
Why couldn't Brigham Young have founded this place on the East Coast somewhere.
Perhaps Florida . . . now that would have been nice.

I did, however, take today as a wonderful excuse to go buy a hot chocolate from Starbucks. {delicious} And if tomorrow the weather persists, I plan on trying their Caramel Apple Cider.

2 comments:

Candice said...

WOW!!!!!!!!

I bet you miss SC now!

lotusgirl said...

Mmmm. Caramel apple ciders sounds de-lish! Fall is just getting started here. There's a delicious nip in the air. apparently things are very tasty.