kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

11 July 2009

i love movies

If you know me, you most likely know that I simply adore old movies, and one of my goals in life is to watch every movie that has won the Oscar for Best Picture.
So far I have seen 27 out of 81 films.

Todays pick:
{although I've seen it before}
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
It is a beautiful movie. It's also the movie that made me fall in love with Jack Nicholson.
With eight Academy Awards under its belt, it is well worth the watch.

The story is magnificent, with acting just as superb.
Most excellent, in my opinion.

Movie for next week: Schindler's List

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

Jack Nicholson really does have that special something. Have you read the book for Schindler's List?