kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

11 July 2009

"Fear is an emotion indispensable for survival." (and i will survive against the evil octopuses)

Let it be known to all:
I am mortally petrified of octopuses.

{i'm so scared of them, i can't even link a picture of one to my blog without having a mild panic attack}

And it seems like every time I turn on the TV, it is always on Animal Planet, and there is always an octopus waiting there to scare the living daylights out of me.

Why do they plague me so?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Is there a phobia name for that?

Now I know why you would barely stick your feet in the ocean when we lived out west! Do you remember riding the sand bikes, building castles, and every other "beach" thing except for going in the water.

The mind really is like a computer!
Curse you Little Mermaid!! ;)

lotusgirl said...

I think octopi are kind of cool, but I can see how they could scare you.