kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

22 April 2009

there will be another post coming tonight

I am in my lovely boy's apartment, using his computer to post this.
I am sitting on the couch in his living room with his roommates, while he is currently in his room, ripping up papers and packing his stuff.
I like being here, even if he's not in the same room as me.
{
I just like being able to see him.}
I'm trying to imprint every second I'm with him today in my memory because in 7 hours and 21 minutes I won't see him again for a while.
{But who's really counting? Oh yeah, me.}