kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

12 April 2009

i have no good title for this post

I went to the deaf ward today,
but sang all of the songs in Spanish.

I am ridiculously happy right now,
and life could not be better.


I stayed up too late on Friday, was unbelievably tired on Saturday,
but used my amazing boy for a pillow and napped while he did homework.

This weekend was one of firsts,
and it couldn't have been any more perfect.

I watched The Sound of Music this weekend.....
Twice.

And I love Julie's voice so much
that it might be borderline coveting.


I bought a webcam in preparation for the summer,
and am utterly dreading the 23rd of April.

I never knew it was possible to miss someone this much.
{and he's not even gone yet}

2 comments:

Bryce said...

What a pleasant weekend you appear to have. Thanks for ditching class and going to lunch with me today.

lotusgirl said...

So glad your weekend was so charming and wonderful! I'm all giddy inside for you and smiley on the outside. Say hi to all the important people for me! Mwah! Love you!