kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

06 March 2009

bobby pins are lovely little contraptions

:: Life Club was amazing tonight. Complete with candles and hijacked new members. Life and Death Brigade style.
:: Boys are infuriating, strange, yet intriguing creatures. I don't understand them 99.9% of the time.
:: The other night me and my ever so adventurous roommates decided to try to get our sliding glass doors {that the management so cleverly calls "windows" even though they are on tracks} open. However, our management is more clever than we thought; they had filed the screws that hold the "windows" closed down on one side, making it impossible to get leverage to unscrew the bolts. A screwdriver, wrench, and leatherman-like tool later, we still had no success...
:: I really want to go see Kenny Chesney in concert this July. Any takers?
:: Somebody touched my sunglasses this evening while I was gone. They're folded up and not upside down. {the exact opposite of how I always set them down} hmmm.
:: Country music reminds me so much of home. I love it. End of story.
:: I seem to have a slight fetish with italics tonight seeing as I used them in my last three bullet points.
:: I'm trying to figure out my life...Let me go ask myself how it's going, and I'll get back to you with the results later on.

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

I think you should have put italics in italics. :)

Why does the management not want you to open the windows. Is that not a firehazard?

I was listening to Josh Turner just yesterday. Ahhh! He still reminds me of your Daddy.

Unknown said...

I'm so in on Kenny!!! Seriously. When is he coming?