kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

08 December 2008

IT'S SNOWING!!!


This picture isn't from today. It's from last year, but it goes along with today's post. :) It's snowing today here in Provo, Utah at this amazing university. It's the first official snow of the year and it's so pretty outside. I've come to realize that I have a love/hate relationship with snow. It's so fun to wake up on a Saturday morning and look out your window at all of the untouched, white snow. It's so quiet and peaceful. However, I don't much care for snow that comes at the end of September and doesn't go away until the end of April. (i.e. what happened in Provo last winter). I enjoy watching snow, but I don't really like being out in the fluffy white stuff for long periods of time; I always forget that snow is wet. Walking around campus in the cold isn't that great either, but making snowmen and going sledding and such is fun. I'd much rather sit inside reading a book, wrapped up in a blanket, drinking hot cocoa and watch the snow. Now, for my discourse on snowball fights.You have to be careful having snowball fights in Provo. In this valley it's actually against the law to have a snow ball fight in a public place. (I know. It's a ridiculous law.) You just have to make sure that you're not anywhere where the police can see you if you want to engage in that fun activity of throwing crystallized, white water at each other. I'm not entirely sure why having a snowball fight is against the law, but alas, it is. Does anybody really adhere to that law? I can assure you, absolutely not! I'm excited for my classes to end today so I can go play in the snow. Let's hope that it sticks! (But only for a day or two)


4 comments:

Connie said...

Most honorable friend it is too darn cold right now!!! You may have to elaborate on the whole baking cookies/toasting marshmallows thingy!

Alyssa said...

The flood lights are relatively close to the ground. You hop up on a wall'ish thing to get to them. To bake the cookies you wrap up some cookie dough in aluminum foil and set it on the light. Let is cook for a while and then you can eat them. To toast marshmallows, just do it like you would if you were at a campfire! We've done it for an FHE activity before. :)

Karen said...

I remember this picture, infact I have one of you standing infront of that tree catching snowflakes on your tongue! Graham would be so jealous! Hope you get to play in the white stuff.

lotusgirl said...

Pretty picture! I always loved the first snow. All that bright white fluff floating in the air and piling up on the ground. It's nasty when it gets all brown and slushy though. Yuck!!!!