kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

09 February 2011

day nine: being proud

I've not really much to be proud of in the past few days, although the only thing I can think of is feeling confident in my school work. I am a good writer, and the papers I've written recently have been pretty good, in my opinion. I guess this sense of pride in school can be meshed into the feeling of pride that I'm almost done. I'm proud of myself for surviving college. It's been quite the feat.

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

I'm proud of you too. (What's your opinion of the need for a comma before the too in that sentence? I'm curious what they're saying is the rule for that these days. I see a lot of mixed views about it online.)