kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

15 January 2011

Honesty

Definitely stole this idea from my friend, Mrs. Davis. Read her wonderful blog here.
Here are some honest thoughts for your weekend.

We're about halfway through watching Band of Brothers, and I don't know how many times I've seen it, but it's still just as life-changing as the first time.

Up until recently, I'd never be able to tell you what my favorite books/authors were, but I think I've decided. Modern and Postmodern African-American and Haitian-American fiction. (Specifically Toni Morrison and Edwidge Danticat). It's all so incredible.

Winter here makes me completely unmotivated. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything. It's the cold that does it, I know. Why can't Spring be here yet?

Sometimes I wonder what (or what doesn't) go through people's minds before they open their mouths to say things. Some people have absolutely no tact or care for what they say or who hears it. It astounds me. (And infuriates me). What a lousy way to be.

I think this zodiac nonsense is just that.

I really hate the idea that I'm going to have to get a Utah driver's license and license plates when we move to Salt Lake this spring. I mean really hate it. I'm in denial, and will hold out as long as possible.

Most people I've encountered/observed are inconsiderate idiots. It really makes me appreciate the people in my life who aren't.

I keep finding more gray hairs on my head. It's causing me a lot of concern.

All I really want to do right now is go live in South Carolina. Anywhere in the state is fine with me.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Band of Brothers is absolutely amazing, isn't it? The entire thing just blows my mind. Have you seen The Pacific? Was it as good?

Alyssa said...

It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I haven't seen The Pacific, although I really want to. I'm sure it's also incredible.

lotusgirl said...

I think there's more of a problem with people not thinking before they speak than there used to be. It's a scary trend. Fundamentally, I think it all boils down to respect (or lack thereof).