kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

09 November 2010

not too long

In the grand scheme of things, I do realize that I'm having a pretty short engagement. We started planning everything in June, but he officially proposed in September. Actually, we had almost our entire wedding planned before he actually proposed. But honestly, I'd rather have the shorter engagement. Because once you've decided that you're getting married, wouldn't you want to make that happen as quickly as possible? I sure do. I have several friends from high school who are also engaged and none of them are getting married until next year. (And they've all been engaged longer than I have). Yikes. That sounds like pure torture to me. I don't know how they're doing that. I got on a few of their wedding websites today to look at their cute stuff, and couldn't help but notice the countdowns at the top of their pages. 249 days...298 days...crazy long amounts of time. That many days seems like forever away. I got this slightly panicky feeling inside until I figured out that I only have 39 days left.
That's right, folks, thirty-nine little, ole days.

2 comments:

Breanna said...

Woohoo! Way to go you! I haven't been able to read blogs lately, but catching up on yours has definitely been a treat. Let me know if you need any help with wedding prep or anything! I got your wedding invitation in the mail the other day and it is beautiful and classy. Just like you.

Wish you the best!

lotusgirl said...

I'm all for the short engagement, too.