kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

05 November 2010

FAQ

December is nearing more and more quickly. [Editor's note: Apologies in advance for all the impending December/wedding talk that's to come. The closer we get, the more there will be. I'm just so excited!] Just in case any of you were wondering, here are a few questions (and the answers) to some common questions surrounding us and our wedding. I got this idea from my ever-so-lovely friend, Autumn. Check out her blog here. She's getting married too (and on the same day as me, no less!) Her blog is so much fun, and a delight to read.

How did you meet each other?
We met through a mutual friend when we both ended up at a dinner outing with a bunch of people from home. It turned into a date when everyone else saw we were hitting it off, and left us alone at the restaurant. Read about it here. (If you want the whole extended story (because it's a good one) you can email me or call me, and I'll give you all the details.)

Where are you from?
I'm from Lugoff, South Carolina, and Spencer is from Columbia, South Carolina.

When/where are you getting married?
We are getting married on 18 December in Columbia, South Carolina in the LDS temple there. The reception will be later that day at the country club in my town.

How did you get engaged?
He left the ring box on my bathroom counter and waited for me to find it. Inside was the ring and a hand-written note asking me to marry him. You can read the story here.

What are your wedding colors?
Dark eggplant purple and champagne

Where will you live after you get married?
We'll be in Provo for our last semester of school. I get my undergrad in April, and he'll get his masters. Then we'll be moving to Salt Lake City.

Where are you going on your Honeymoon?
We're going to stay in a cabin up in Boone, North Carolina.

Mostly, I just love the fact that in six weeks I'll be Mrs. Robinson, and married to the most amazing man in the whole world. The more I think about it, the more excited I get.

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Thanks for all the details.

Kristin C said...

So cute! I'm so happy for you!