kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

25 October 2010

Paper woes.

Now that I've moved past the worst part of my sick phase, and am now just dealing with a rather annoying cough, I've reattempted tackling the research paper that is due on Wednesday. It's on The Winter's Tale, a generally easy topic since I've already taken Shakespeare and studied the play in depth. In fact, I've had no trouble writing the paper. Research was a cinch. I'm kind of an expert at researching literary topics. I know the best Shakespeare databases to consult, I have an awesome topic, and I'm a master at weaving quotations. The only trouble is with the assignment description. It goes a little something like this: "A research paper, 8-12 pages in length, on the topic of your choice as it pertains to The Winter's Tale". Not too bad, right? The only problem I have with this is the "8-12 pages" part. I'm currently at 6 full pages. I have nothing more to say. Anything more will only detract from my already tight, articulate, polished paper. If I add more stuff, it will only be fluff - the huge downfall of research papers.

Does anyone else hate it when professors do this?

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

Sure. They do it everywhere. College is all about managing the fluff. Sometimes making it fluffier and other times eliminating it altogether. I think of it as a mental gymnastic kind of like working calculus problems.