kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

06 October 2010

books are great

In case you were wondering, all I do is read.

I'm an English major. That means there is a never-ending list of books that I'm reading. For school. For fun. For whatever. And I love it. I also need a bigger bookshelf. There's no more room on mine.

I also added some new stuff to the side of my blog. There's a section for books I've already read this semester, and a list of books that I'm currently reading. Once it's summertime, the books will be pleasure reading instead of assigned material. But don't get me wrong. I love the books I'm reading this semester. (Except for Faulkner. I didn't much care for him).

I'm loving Slaughterhouse Five, though.

What are you reading right now? Is it business or pleasure?

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

I have a continual stream of books I'm reading, too. The list of what I'm currently reading and what I've read this year is up in the right column of my blog.