kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

01 July 2010

The Huxtables

Did anybody watch (or still watch) The Cosby Show?
Personally, this is one of my favorite shows. I grew up watching it, and love it all. Every single episode has me laughing out loud. A couple Christmases ago I got the complete series as a gift, and have loved being able to just pop in my favorite episodes at will. It's such a luxury, and such a welcome reprieve from a lot of the trash that's currently being aired on TV. Yes, there are some exceptions, but for the most part, I don't like what's on TV.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from The Cosby Show. It's spoken by Bill Cosby to one of the kids when they're complaining about being told "no" and asking why they can't do something:
"Because this is not Burger King. You can't have it your way."

Two of my favorite episodes are when Vanessa comes home late from a date, and Cliff and Claire turn the couch to face the door, and also when Vanessa goes to the Wretched concert in Baltimore. Those will never get old.

For those of you who watch it, what are some of your favorite Cosby moments?

1 comment:

Karen said...

The one I watched last night...where Rudy and her little friend use the juicer without permission and juice spewed all over the kitchen. The part I like is when Theo explains to his dad why he didn't clean any of it up. LOL. I LOVE that show!