kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

19 May 2010

Glee!

{I know I've ranted about capitalization and exclamation points before, but this is one of those times that calls for both.}

Idina Menzel guest starred on Glee again! Idina Menzel guest starred on Glee again!! Idina Menzel guest starred on Glee again!!! And this time SHE SANG!!! And not only did she sing, but she sang "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Mis. Ack. I'm still freaking out. I've loved her since the first time I heard her sing "Over the Moon" from RENT. And she and Lea Michele look so much alike. What perfect casting.
See it for yourself, here.
If you didn't (or don't) watch Glee, first of all, "What's wrong with you?!" Secondly, here's the song.
It's beautiful. Breathtaking. It's Idina Menzel. End of.
"I Dreamed a Dream" (start the video at 36 minutes and 50 seconds)

4 comments:

Candice said...

I just watched it tonight and teared up a little.

I saw Idina Menzel on Broadway and it was the most amazing thing ever. At the time, I already loved her from RENT so seeing her in Wicked was AMAZING!!!

That just made me think of:

Suicidal Mickey Mouse

Hahahahahaha.

Candice said...

I just watched it tonight and teared up a little.

I saw Idina Menzel on Broadway and it was the most amazing thing ever. At the time, I already loved her from RENT so seeing her in Wicked was AMAZING!!!

That just made me think of:

Suicidal Mickey Mouse

Hahahahahaha.

lotusgirl said...

I LOVED it! It was perfect casting. She and Lea Michele do look so much alike. I saw Idina Menzel in Wicked, too. Can you say "A-maz-ing"?

scchesleys said...

I'm a Gleek and absolutely LOVED that episode! They do look a lot alike and sounded great together.