kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

05 November 2009

more little letters

Dear lemon sorbet,
You are delicious. End of.

Dear Gilmore Girls: Season Five,
Oh, the joy you bring me. The laughter; the heartache; the memories. I love you, dearly.

Dear David Sedaris,
Thank you for having such an interesting life, and writing so brilliantly about it. Your essays bring much-needed moments of relaxation and laughter in otherwise busy, stressful days.

Dear new shoes,
I'm not happy about those blisters you gave me. Please be nicer to me next time I wear you.

Dear children's section of the library,
Thank you for existing. You were the source of a very fun date tonight.

Dear new couches,
I am so incredibly happy you're here. Thank you for being comfortable and not sinking me to the floor. You have my stamp of approval.

xoxo
A.

4 comments:

Lawsy said...

NEW COUCHES??? Never thought the day would come.

p.s.
i'm going to steal/borrow your electric can opener sometime next week...for a day.

lotusgirl said...

Letters! Ooooo! Cool! blasted shoes. They need to mind their manners.

Karen said...

I'm gonna go get some lemon sorbet!
Just who do those shoes think they are anyway?! Children's books are the best :P

Kelsie Lynn said...

yeah yeah yeah new couches?? haha. i need to see these