kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

21 October 2009

there is a light

After another full day of quality time spent with my couch + everything mentioned in the previous post, and an outing to Carl's Jr. because I really wanted a cheeseburger . . . I feel significantly better. I'm still using today to rest and recover; I figured that if I got all gung-ho, I would over do it and then feel horrible again. And we all know that wouldn't be good at all.

I have, however, been rather productive in keeping up with homework while stuck on my couch, and had some interesting discoveries worthy of sharing:
1. David Sedaris books are hysterical; especially when read aloud.
2. Laying on the couch all day = monotonously boring
3. Having someone to lay on your couch with you = not boring at all
4. Salad Fingers is by far the strangest thing I've ever seen. Ever.
5. Tilt-shift photography is extremely cool. {link}.

Happy Wednesday to everyone.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Sounds like you've been happy lately!

What is Carl Jr's? Can it beat Bojangles in yumminess?

Totally agree with #5!