kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

05 October 2009

the morning shift is oh so much fun...not

My day started out at five am with seeing a middle-aged man in a speedo + a nose bleed.
{i'm not sure if the two events were related, but they very well could be}

It is now twelve hours later, and I'm still trying to erase the image from my mind.

Seriously, why do people think speedos are a good idea?
It caused me physical pain to look at this man, and it may or may not have caused my nose bleed.
{never mind the freezing cold, dry morning...blame it all on the man in the speedo}

2 comments:

lotusgirl said...

At first I thought he was the one with the nosebleed. I'm with you on the whole "why do they think speedos are a good idea" thing. It's the same with bikinis. Honestly only a very small percentage of the populace can pull that off. It's not healthy body image to wear it anyway.

scchesleys said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth. It's like at the beach when Guido Hairyback passes you wearing a ton of gold jewelry and the speedo. You look at them and wonder if they know just how pervy they look. Only Olympic swimmers and divers should be able to wear speedos.