kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

13 October 2009

feline withdrawls

After reading this post from one of my favorite blogs to read, I really miss my kitties. I just miss having cats around in general. I contemplate and weigh out the consequences of getting a cat on a fairly regular basis, even though my apartment complex specifically forbids pets. Maybe one of these days I'll figure out a way to get a cat and successfully conceal it from the landlords. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard, though. They never come by, and we only have cleaning checks once a semester. How easy would it be to move the cat to another apartment for the cleaning check . . . see what I mean? It's such a tantalizing thought.

Happy news though: in exactly six weeks I will be here:
and be able to play with my cats again because
I am going HOME for Thankgiving! {huzzah!}

Now six weeks may seem like a long time, but it's infinitely better than the nine and a half weeks it would have been if I didn't go home for the holiday. And after I get back from Thanksgiving break, it will only be a mere two and a half weeks until I go home again for Christmas.
I am excited.

2 comments:

Candice said...

While I understand that you miss your kitties....we got a kitten in college thinking we could hide it from the landlord and it proved insanely stressful. Furthermore, cats (as all pets) are expensive. To feed, to take care of, and mostly to take to the vet.

This past year alone we've spent over 1700 dollars on declawing the four cats so they would stop destroying our furniture. That doesn't include the 600 it cost me to vaccinate them all, and who the heck knows how much it cost to feed them.

All that said, my advice is to wait until you graduate college, have your OWN apartment, and have extra money to get a kitty. But that's just my advice based on a very crazy experience while I was in college. :-P

Thanks for saying you like my blog--I really appreciate it!!! :-) :-)

lotusgirl said...

I'm agreeing with Mrs. Davis on the cat issue. That's pretty exciting that you get to come home for Thanksgiving. Woohoo!