kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

31 August 2009

school starts today and i still need supplies

So I guess that I lied, and my hiatus won't begin until after this post.

The past ten hours have left me struggling to breathe. I feel like I'm drowning, and I can't seem to reach the surface despite my persistent, albeit futile effort.

But I don't feel like talking about it. So please don't ask.

Armed with pizza, ice cream, red vines, mt dew, all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls, and the resounding late-night shouts of "Go forth and conquer!" + hugs from my loves Lauren and Kelsie, there is a small glimmer of hope that things will eventually be ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

lotusgirl said...

k, what's the deal? Oops. I wasn't supposed to ask. I hope you got all your supplies. Take care! Call or email when you feel like it. Big Aunt Lois Hugs! (cause I don't give any other kind--at least not to people I love like you.)

Bryce said...

Hey, you mentioned hanging out. We should sometime.