kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

12 August 2009

"in my mind I'm going to Carolina"...

That's not entirely true.
It's not just in my mind anymore.
I am on my way this very second.
{and couldn't be more happy about it}

South Carolina, here I come!

I can't wait to feel the humidity and see the pine trees.
I want to breathe in that sea-salt air, and put my toes in the sand.
I want to drive back in time through downtown Camden.
And who could forget the food?
I've been craving boiled peanuts for ages now.

Back to the small-town life for a while.
so much happiness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Have fun.

Candice said...

Have a good time!! :-)

lotusgirl said...

Boiled peanuts are the best!