kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

24 August 2009

i wish summer would last all year

Where did the summer go? I looked forward to my end of summer trip home for months, and now I'm here, with only four and a half {plus a little more} days until I go back to school. I feel like there is still so much I want to do while I'm here, and now I must figure out how to cram it all into these four and a half days.

To Do List:
:: eat at San Jose
:: drive through downtown Camden
:: visit marching band practice
:: go swimming
:: finish making my quilt
:: go shopping in Columbia
:: blog about all of it

wish me luck

2 comments:

Karen said...

I wish that these next few days would last longer too :( *sniff*

Can we just keep you????

lotusgirl said...

I wish I could have seen you, but such is life, eh? We'll hang at Christmas though for sure.