kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

13 June 2009

but now it's raining

Last night it rained.
It was even what I would consider a downpour for a few minutes.
And there was some lightning and a few real thunderclaps thrown in the mix.
So, naturally, I went outside and planted myself right in the middle of it.
First, I went to my favorite place to be when it rains: my truck.
I love the sound the rain makes when it hits the top of the car.
Then I stood outside, at night, in the pouring rain, and watched the lightning. It was amazing.
{and it smelled lovely}

it was still nowhere near the storms i mentioned before, but it was a definite step in the right direction

No comments: