kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

01 June 2009

animals are one of my weaknesses

Have you ever seen the ASPCA commercial featuring the song "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan?
It is one of the downsides of watching Animal Planet on a regular basis.
I cry and cry every single time it comes on.
{and then get really angry at the people who abuse animals}
And afterward, I always have the strongest urge to leave my apartment immediately and go rescue every
animal that I possibly can.

That is precisely the reason why I don't allow myself inside
of animal shelters.

No comments: