kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

07 February 2009

a weekend to remember

Last night I felt bold and audacious. For those of you that don't know me, I'm usually not.
I blame it on a combination of the movie E. and I saw, and my general resolve to figure out my life.
Thanks to all of that, I took care of a few things.
I reconciled, I asked, and I received.
It was a very good evening.

Recipe to be bold and audacious:
-the movie He's Just Not That Into You
-Gilmore Girls themed take-out/food
-mocktails of excellence
-hours of Gilmore Girls

Recipe for Mocktails of Excellence:
1 can of orange/passion fruit juice
1 can of raspberry/guava juice


2 comments:

Karen said...

You go you bold and audacious girl!
And just remember, there is no hurry to figure out your life, in fact, I am coming to realize that it is a life-long process! <3

lotusgirl said...

Amen, Sister! It's a lifelong pursuit! Be audacious and bold and whatever the heck suits your fancy. Let the world fall at your feet and worship your audacity.