kis·met \ˈkiz-ˌmet, -mət\ - noun; often capitalized
1. fate.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"We die. That may be the meaning of life. But we do language.
That may be the measure of our lives." - Toni Morrison

"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown

10 February 2009

"he sure is good at speechin"

As per popular demand, I'm providing the faithful readers of my blog with more of my favorite responses to the ever growing in popularity dating application of S204.

The Question:
In 50 words or less, explain the plot, themes and overall meaning of Pride and Prejudice, and how you apply it to your daily life.
The Answer:
I don't know why that [Pride and Prejudice] is so compelling, but to paraphrase a famous tobacco company: "millions of women can't be wrong".

We mapped our living room on Sunday. That is, E and I mapped our living room. We finally got too appalled with the horrid wood paneling encroaching upon us like the woman behind the bars in Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper". As a solution, we covered the wall of wood paneling with various vintage maps of different parts of the United States and the world. We have everything from the Southeastern US to Italy. It was a most fun venture yielding much success. Now all I have to do is plan out where I'm going.

Me and my roommates got to see Seth today! It was such a welcome contrast to how my week has been going. He and his dad stopped by earlier, and it was extremely hard not to slam tackle him when he walked into my apartment. We all sat around talking, reminiscing about freshman year. Oh how the memories flooded back. Good times my friend, good times. And now the birthday counter begins: 18 days.

1 comment:

lotusgirl said...

I love the wall of maps. That's a great idea!

I can't believe you're going to be the big 2-0 soon. It just seems like yesterday you were carrying around that little purple dinosaur. haha! You loved barney before loving barney was cool.