"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born; it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It’s being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies, coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way." - Unknown
15 January 2009
"A Good Man is Hard to Find"
1. I'm a self-proclaimed night owl. I hate getting up early.
2. It bothers me when people don't keep their hands well-groomed.
3. I'm a pacifist, but I'm not afraid to let my opinion be known.
4. I'm a sucker for a good chick-flick, and secretly wish that my life would play out like them.
5. I tend to over-analyze and second-guess everything.
6. I wish that I could sing. I mean really sing.
7. I'm a huge fan of action and sci-fi movies.
8. I'm terrified of clowns, octopi, and squid.
9. I prefer literature that has a darker, more macabre side to it.
10. Sometimes I wish that I had more of a Southern accent than I do. Then I could avoid this conversation: "Where are you from?" "South Carolina." "Wow! Really?!? You don't sound like it."
11. I hate speaking in front of people, but put me behind my flute or piano and I'll be just fine.
12. I laugh to myself every time someone incorporates "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost into a talk/speech.
13. I love the TV show Jon and Kate Plus 8
14. I don't like dogs.
15. I find it amusing when people misquote poetry and misuse words.
16. People that don't have direction or drive in their lives scare me.
17. I hate having surprise parties thrown for me.
18. I love driving.
19. Friday is my favorite day of the week.
20. Reading children's poetry out loud with friends is one of my favorite activities.
I don't like cars. I much prefer trucks. :)